As a sales representative you would sell Cubex’s products and services. If you've got good people skills, and are good at persuading and negotiating, being a sales representative might be a job you would enjoy.
You’ll be using your excellent communication skills to deal with a broad range of customers. You’d also need to be confident and have the resilience to carry on when customers turn you down.
There is no set entry route to become a sales representative in Cubex. Your attitude, sales skills and experience are likely to be more important than qualifications. We may prefer you to have a degree or equivalent qualifications for some specialist sales roles, such as ERP or technical sales.
As a sales representative, or sales executive/agent, you would often specialize in selling within a particular industry, such as pharmaceuticals, consumer goods/retailers or engineering components. Depending on your product market, your customers might be wholesalers, shops, businesses or individuals within your specific sales 'segment'.
Your key tasks as a sales representative include:
- making appointments to meet new and existing customers
- understanding your customers’ needs
- making presentations to promote new products and special deals
- agreeing sales, prices, contracts and payments
- advising customers about delivery schedules and after-sales service
- keeping in contact with existing customers in person and by telephone
- recording orders and sending details to the sales office
- watching your competitors and the products they are offering
- going to conferences and seminars and keeping up with industry trends
- meeting sales targets
- reporting sales trends to your employer.
Your working hours would be 9am to 5pm, Sunday to Thursday. You may be able to choose your hours as long as you meet your sales targets. Making enough appointments to meet the needs of all your customers could mean that you sometimes need to put in longer hours. This could include working evenings and weekends.
You would often cover a wide geographical area and spend a lot of time driving to visit customers. When not on the road, you could be based in a local or regional sales office, or you could work from home. Some jobs may involve travel abroad if and when Cubex opens new overseas markets.
Skills and Qualifications
To be a sales representative in Cubex, you should have:
- excellent sales and negotiation skills
- good communication and ‘people skills'
- confidence and motivation
- determination and the drive to work towards targets
- the ability to work well on your own and also as part of a team
- good organisational and time management skills
- the resilience to deal with customers who turn you down
- attention to detail
- the ability to develop in-depth knowledge about your products and markets
- good business sense and a professional manner.