As a marketing executive, you would promote your Cubex products, services or ideas. If you love using your communication skills in a creative way, this could be the ideal job for you.
You would need organizational skills to plan product launches, market research and public relations events. Using your confidence and creativity you would also market your products across TV, radio and the press among other means.
Your job could vary depending on the product/service line you work on and Cubex group member you work in. Your work could involve:
- doing market research
- creating marketing campaigns
- exploring customer opinions and gaps in the market
- looking at competitors marketing strategies
- organizing public relations events or product exhibitions
- making sure campaigns deadlines are met
- arranging sponsorship
- placing adverts in newspapers, magazines, trade press, etc.
- writing and distributing posters, flyers or brochures
- managing campaign websites and social media like Twitter and Facebook.
Networking with your clients and the public would also be a part of your job. You may work with the public during market research or in focus group meetings. You will also need to attend exhibitions and product/service launches where you will meet with clients, suppliers and the media.
You will plan marketing campaigns and make sure they run smoothly. You could also have control of a campaign budget. You may be responsible for checking how effective a campaign is by collecting data and feedback and reporting this to management. In some lines, you may be assigned marketing officer, brand executive or account executive roles.
You would usually work 9am to 5pm, Sunday to Thursday. Hours could be more irregular at busy times such as the run-up to a campaign launch. You may also need to attend trade fairs, exhibitions and networking events in the evening or at the weekend.
You would normally work in the office. You may also travel to meet clients and attend conferences and product launches.
Skills and Qualifications
As a marketing executive, you should have:
- excellent spoken and written communication skills in both Arabic and another foreign language
- a creative approach and creative writing
- good organisation and planning skills
- the ability to work well as part of a team
- drive, motivation and enthusiasm
- the ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
- the confidence to 'sell' your ideas
- attention to detail
- good business sense and budget awareness.